Monday, July 2, 2012

Home, Sweet Home! - Wieder zu Hause

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted.  So much has happened in the past few weeks. I did want to post but I just didn't have any time.

Well, first some good news: I have a job! I'm so excited about it! It is only a part time job, but I'm happy to get started. And I'm really happy where I'll be working, because I got a job at my favorite gym, Atlantic Beach Performance!
I got a position as Front Desk Staff and I'll be greeting the early morning crowed on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5 - 8 am. And after I can work out myself! If you're looking for a gym in Jacksonville, FL you should really come and check it out. It will be the best workout you will ever get! I already started my job last week. I worked on Friday and then left for Las Vegas right after my first shift.

In Vegas, my husband and I met our friends Katie and Daniel, who got married a week earlier. They we're on their honeymoon in Jamaica and then had a little after wedding celebration with friends in Las Vegas.

Our time in Vegas flew by! We had so much fun there! But, the first night we lost our camera... So we have no pictures right now. Katie and some of the others took pictures but I'll have to wait till I get them. Yes, I'm sad we lost it. It must have slipped out of Josh's pants while we were at Koi Lounge at Planet Hollywood and somebody must have picked it up... We called lost & found, but nobody had turned a camera in. Oh well... the camera wasn't the best, but we had taken quite a few pictures the first day and we only had our camera that night... Plus, now I don't have a camera and I'll need to save up money for a new one. But, hey, I got a job now... 

Here is a picture we took with my husband's cellphone: 

Freemont St, Las Vegas, Nevada

On our last day, we went to Freemont St., the old part of Las Vegas. I'd been to Vegas before but last time we didn't make it out there. We really enjoyed it there and we'll definitely going back there next time we're in Vegas.

Well, that's it for now. I will post soon about the cruise, the wedding and all the other fun stuff that has been going on here, but we didn't get much sleep in Vegas and I need my beauty sleep!

Good night...


Endlich sind wir wieder zu Hause! 

Ich liebe es zu reisen, aber es ist auch immer wieder schön, nach Hause zu kommen! In letzter Zeit waren wir so viel unterwegs, dass ich zwischendurch kaum Zeit hatte meinen Koffer auszupacken. 

Es gibt gute Neuigkeiten: Ich habe einen Job! Es ist ein Teilzeit-Job bei meinem Fitnessstudio. Ich arbeite an der Rezeption, dreimal die Woche von 5 - 8 Uhr, ja morgens! Letzten Freitag habe ich zum ersten Mal gearbeitet und danach bin ich nach Las Vegas geflogen. Diese Woche muss ich auch nur am Freitag arbeiten, da Mittwoch hier ein Feiertag ist und wir erst heute um 10 Uhr wieder in Jacksonville angekommen sind. Ich bin so froh, dass ich jetzt schon einen Job habe und vor allem dort, da ich dort so gerne hingehe und alle total freundlich sind. Ich werde dann immer nach meiner Arbeit trainieren können :-)

Unser Trip nach Las Vegas war genial! Wir haben uns dort mit Katie & Daniel getroffen. Die beiden haben am 22. Juni geheiratet, waren dann eine Woche auf Jamaica und im Anschluss mit uns und noch paar anderen Freunden in Vegas um noch mal zu feiern.

Leider haben wir am gleich am ersten Abend unsere Kamera verloren, d.h. ich habe so gut wie keine Fotos! Wir haben gehofft, dass sie vielleicht doch irgendwo auftaucht, und haben die Lounge angerufen, wo wir die Kamera vermutlich verloren haben, aber leider wurde nichts abgegeben. Ich finde es vor allem Schade wegen den Fotos, die Kamera können wir ersetzten... zwar nicht sofort, aber ich werde ein bisschen Geld sparen und mir dann eine bessere kaufen - jetzt arbeite ich ja!

Wie gesagt, viele Fotos habe ich nicht, nur ein paar von Josh's Handy. Katie hat auch welche gemacht, aber die habe ich noch nicht. 

Das Foto oben haben wir am letzten Tag gemacht während wir auf der Freemont Street in dem alten Teil von Las Vegas waren. Abends gibt es dort die berühmte Lichtershow. Viel Zeit hatten wir ja nicht in Vegas (Freitag - Sonntag Abend), deswegen haben wir auch nicht besonders viel geschlafen und ich sollte jetzt besser ins Bett!

Bald werde ich mehr posten, über unsere Kreuzfahrt, die Hochzeit und all die anderen Sachen, die in der Zwischenzeit passiert sind.

Morgen bekomme ich aber erstmal besuch aus Deutschland! :-) Krizi und Chris kommen zum Independence Day (4. Juli, amerikanischer Unabhängigkeitstag) zu uns! 

Gute Nacht....

Judith


No comments:

Post a Comment