Thursday, March 28, 2013

Recipe: Healthy Banana Bread - Rezept: Gesundes Bananenbrot

This banana bread is amazing! I've been making it for a few weeks, and it's gone by the time I remember that I want to take a picture of it for my blog post.

I'm not even sure how I found it anymore, but here's the link to Dairy Free Chick and the original recipe post: http://www.dairyfreechick.com/paleo-coconut-banana-bread/

What makes this banana bread healthy is that it has no added sugar, coconut flour is used instead of regular flower, and it doesn't even include dairy (not that I think dairy isn't healthy). 

The first time I made it, I really wasn't so sure. The consistency of the dough is really different from baking with regular flour. But once I took the first bite (when it was cool) - I fell in love! Since we've pretty much eliminated all bread and wheat from our diet, breakfasts have been really hard for me some mornings. I go workout early, and don't have time in between to fix breakfast. Sometimes I don't even go home, and even though I love the egg muffins, they just taste better warm... Plus, the no sugar thing is really not that easy either... 
But once I discovered this recipe... well, let's just say, it really has helped!

I eat it for breakfast, as a snack, or have a little slice in the afternoon with a coffee! Josh, my husband, loves it too! He actually has breakfast if we have some banana bread in the house. He likes to have his with milk (or a protein shake). 

So here it is:

Ingredients:

  • 3 ripe (brown) bananas
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 3/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt








Preheat the oven to 350F. Mash the bananas, beat the eggs until fluffy, and melt the coconut oil. Whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs and coconut oil.
In a second bowl, mix the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix well. Pour it all in a greased loaf pan, and bake for 35 - 49 minutes (until the toothpick comes out clean).
Let it cool, trust me, it tastes way better when cool! Once cold, store in an airtight container. It will last for 3 - 5 days (if you don't eat it all in the first two ;-).

Add 1/2 - 1 cup of walnuts, it's super yummy! (Josh doesn't like walnuts though, so I only do it ever other time...)

The coconut flour is a little expensive but you don't need that much, so it last's for a while.

Enjoy and let me know what you think. Leave a comment :)

Rezept: Gesundes Bananenbrot


Dieses Bananenbrotrezept ist einfach großartig! Seit wir gesünder essen, fehlt mir vor allem Brot... und süßes Gebäck. Dieses Rezept verbindet beides :-)
Und es ist gesund weil, Mehl mit Kokosnussmehl ersetzt und es nur natürlich durch die Bananen  gesüßt wird.

Und das beste, Josh schmeckt es auch :-)

Das Rezept habe ich bei Dairy Free Chicks gefunden. Die Konsistenz des Teiges ist etwas ungewohnt, nicht mit normalen Teig zu vergleichen. Man muss es erst abkühlen lassen, aber es schmeckt super lecker, wenn es kalt ist.

Zutaten:
  • 3 reife Bananen
  • 3 Eier
  • 1/4 Tasse Kokosnussöl
  • 3/4 Tasse Kokosnussmehl
  • 1 Esslöffel Zimt
  • 1 Teelöffel Backsoda/Backpulver
  • 1/2 Teelöffel Salz

Denn Ofen auf 175°C vorheizen. 
Die Bananen zerdrücken, die Eier schaumig schlagen, Kokosnussöl schmelzen. Dann alles in einer Schüssel vermischen.
In einer zweiten Schüssel Kokosnussmehl, Zimt, Backpulver und Salz vermischen. Danach die trockenen Zutaten zu den nassen hinzufügen und gut vermischen. 
Den Teig in eine gefettete Brotform geben und für 35 - 40 Minuten backen.

Man kan auch 1/2 - 1 Tasse gehackte Walnüsse hinzugeben! 

Kokosnussmehl ist leider nicht ganz billig, aber man braucht auch nicht besonders viel und es hält eine ganze Weile.

Lass mich wissen, wenn du es ausprobierst und was du davon hältst! :)

Ich esse es zum Frühstück, oder auch gerne Nachmittags mit einer Tasse Kaffee!




No comments:

Post a Comment