Friday, September 21, 2012

Happy Friday!

And it is Friday again.

Sunrise at Atlantic Beach

Let me tell you, my morning started off quite interesting!

As usual, I went to work at 5 am. When I opened the door,  it smelled like smoke and it was hazy inside. I called 911 and the police and firemen came. But nothing was on fire inside our space. (We share the building with a few other businesses.) 


Since they couldn't find a source, and nothing seemed out of the ordinary (to them) they left. I called the owner of the building, so he could call all the other owners of the businesses around us. It seemed like the smokey air was coming in through the AC unit. 

Our trainer took the first two training sessions outside. That was fun! It was still dark out, and there's enough space in the parking lot. 

Around 7 am someone from the laundromat next door arrived. When they opened up their back garage door, the whole laundromat was really smokey and it smelled. They found a cart full of cloth napkins on fire! They were able to put it out right away. Thank God that was the only thing on fire! Less than one foot away, they had towels and linen... I don't even want to imagine what would have happened, if that would have caught on fire... 

Which brings me to my first reason to be happy:

Reason #1: I'm still alive, my workplace didn't burn down, and nobody got hurt! I think that is a pretty good reason. :-)


Reason #2: Last Sunday, Josh and I woke up at 6 am because we went to bed early on Saturday (I know... lame but hey, we were tired and sometimes you just need to go to sleep early). So, we decided to go see the sunrise at the beach. I grabbed my camera and my husband and off to the beach we went. Here is what we witnessed:


















Isn't it wonderful! I'm so happy I got to see that wonderful sunrise! I LOVE living in Florida :-)




Reason #3: About two weeks ago we ordered 101 pictures on Shutterfly for free (we just had to pay shipping) and they finally arrived! I've been working on putting them in albums and finding frames for them all week. I love pictures, and even better if they are free! And the prints are a pretty good quality! I can't wait to buy some more picture frames now.






Reason #4: Josh's beard is growing and growing... that is not really a reason to be happy for me though. It's itchy, and I'm really not a fan of beards, especially on my husband. But I'm really happy it's coming off in just nine days once Septembeard is over! Yeah! No more prickly kisses then :-*



And as you can see in the picture, we hung up our wedding poster! Love it!

Reason #5: We received a postcard on Tuesday! I love snail-mail from family and friends :-) Thank you Saundra :)  You are so good about sending postcards and I'm always happy to get one.

Would you like a postcard from Florida? If you give me your address, I'll send you one!



That's it for today. I know I have been quit this week, no recipes, no other posts... I will do my best to post more next. 



What are your plans for the weekend? Are you doing something fun?


Und schon wieder ist es Freitag!

Bei mir hat der Tag alles andere als normal angefangen. Als ich die Tür zum Fitnessstudio heute morgen um fünf Uhr aufgeschlossen habe, ist mir ein Rauchgestank entgegen gekommen. Man konnte zwar kein Feuer sehen, es war auch nicht heiß, aber ich habe erstmal den Notruf angerufen. Das war mein erster 911-call überhaupt! Hoffentlich bleibt das auch so! 

Polizei und Feuerwehr kamen angerückt und haben das Fitnessstudio abgesucht, aber kein Feuer finden können. Das Fitnessstudio ist in einem Gebäude mit anderen Geschäften, Restaurants und einem Reinigungsservice. Da sie aber keinen Zutritt zu den anderen Teilen des Gebäudes hatten, sind sie wieder abgerückt... mit der Warnung, dass wir das Gebäude verlassen sollen, wenn wir Flammen sehen und sie wieder rufen sollen.  

Ich habe dann mit dem Besitzer telefoniert, der hat dann wiederum alle angerufen, denen er im Gebäude Raum vermietet. 

Währenddessen haben die ersten beiden Trainings draußen auf dem Parkplatz stattgefunden, da man den Rauch niemand hätte zumuten können, vor allem nicht während dem Sport!

Nach und nach kamen dann auch die Geschäftsleute an. Es hat sich rausgestellt, dass in dem Reinigungsservice neben an, ein Wagen voller Stoffservietten gebrannt hatte... Sie konnten das Feuer sofort löschen. Gott sei Dank hat nichts anders Feuer gefangen. Denn kaum ein halber Meter neben dem Wagen waren Berge von Handtücher und Bettwäsche... Wenn das Feuer gefangen hätte.... 

Was mich zu meinem ersten Grund bring, heute glücklich zu sein:

Grund #1: Ich bin froh, dass ich noch am Leben bin, dass das Fitnessstudio nicht abgebrannt ist und das niemand verletzt wurde! Mir geht es gut und das ist doch wirklich ein Grund glücklich zu sein :-)

Grund #2: Am Sonntag haben Josh und ich uns den Sonnenaufgang am Strand angeschaut. Wir sind morgens um 6 Uhr schon wach geworden, weil wir am Abend davor früh ins Bett sind (ja.. langweilig, aber manchmal braucht man halt so ein entspannendes Wochenende mit viel Schlaf). Also habe ich Josh und die Kamera gepackt und wir sind ab zum Strand. Das war ein wunderschönes Erlebnis, aber Bilder sagen mehr als tausend Worte...






Ich bin wirklich froh, hier in Florida leben zu dürfen!


Grund #3: Vor ein paar Wochen haben wir über Shutterfly, ein online-Fotoservice, 101 Fotos bestellt - umsonst, wir mussten nur den Versand bezahlen. Die sind diese Woche angekommen!

Fotos sind doch immer was schönes und jetzt habe ich viele, viele Bilder, die ich in meine Fotoalben kleben kann oder die unsere Wände verschönern können. Und es war kostenlos! Juhu!



Grund #4: Joshs Bart wächst und wächst... das ist für mich nicht wirklich ein Grund zur Freude, aber in neun Tagen kommt er endlich ab, wenn Septembeard vorbei ist. Dann gibt es keine piksende küsse mehr! :-*

Grund #5: Wir haben am Dienstag eine Postkarte bekommen. Ich freu mich immer über Schneckenpost von Freunden und Verwandten. Diese war von Saundra und David (Schwiergerpapa & Frau) aus ihrem Urlaub in Tennessee. Wenn du auch gerne Postkarten kriegst, schick mir deine Adresse und ich werde dir eine schicken! 

Das wars für heute... Ich habe noch bisschen was zu tun, aufräumen und putzen um genau zu sein... Ich werde versuchen nächste Woche etwas mehr zu posten und auf jeden Fall auch ein Rezept!

Was hast du am Wochenende vor? Hast du diese Woche was Schönes erlebt?

Bis zum nächsten Mal... 
Judith

2 comments:

  1. Josh looks like he is going to PA to join the Amish..ha ha. I will donate tomorrow as it is such a good cause. I sent your parents a post card as well. Glad that you are using the "Sister's" frame. Love to you both and hope to see you soon. Love, Saundra & David/Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... It does look like he could join the Amish soon... Thank you for your donation!
      Yes, I love the sister frame!
      Hope to see you soon too!

      Love,
      Judith

      Delete