Sunday, February 24, 2013

Five Reasons to be Happy, even though it's not Friday - Fünf Gründe glücklich zu sein, auch wenn es nicht Freitag ist

Even though my resolve to post reasons to be happy on Fridays didn't last very long, I want to keep posting. I'm not sure, if I'll try to revive my Fridays posts, or do something else. And I want to post more recipes for sure. That way, I'll will try more recipes too!

Ok, but here's a few reasons why I have been happy lately:

1. One of the reasons why I haven't been as active on here is that I have been working more. One of my coworkers quit just before Christmas last year, which was an opportunity for me and I'm grateful that my boss trusted me enough to give me more responsibility. I am now titled Social Media Director and Member Service Representative. I love my job and I'm glad I get to be creative everyday!

2. I went to Baton Rouge, Louisiana with Katie the other week. It was a long, long drive, but I always enjoy spending time with her, and I have fun working with her. Here's a picture:




3. Josh and I started boxing last Tuesday! My gym (ABP) just added new boxing classes to the training schedule. We went to the very first class at 6:30 am with Deb and Mark. And I have to say, I love it! It's a great workout and something different from our normal regular bootcamp type of training.


4. For Valentines Day Josh gave me a beautiful orchid! It's so lovely and pink! But take a look for yourself:



5. For our birthday in January, Josh and I went to Orlando to see the Blue Man Group: 
We sat in the second row, in the splash zone, that's why we're wearing the ponchos. It was a fun show, but to be honest, don't pay the extra money to sit in the splash zone because there was nothing splashing. I was waiting the whole show to get some paint/water/marshmallows/... coming our way, but no... nothing like that happened. Don't get me wrong. We had lots of fun. It's an awesome show and we enjoyed it a lot, but I don't think it matters much where you sit, as long as you have a good look onto the stage. 
Orlando is always fun. I got to go shopping for a bit and found a few great deals at the outlets. For Sunday lunch we went to Cafe Tu Tu Tangos, this tapas place we love in Orlando. The food is just amazing. For desert I had a chocolate covered strawberry:

Oh, and our hotel was really nice too. We got a free upgrade to a suite because all the regular rooms were booked. It was the Westin Imagine. It was a really comfortable and we loved the bathroom. 


Anyway, it's always nice to get away, even if it's just for one night. Josh and I have a few traveling plans for this year. Let's see which ones we can make happen :)

That's it for today. I have to go to bed. Leave me a comment, I'd love to know who's still reading my blog!

Und auf deutsch:


Wer liest eigentlich noch meinen Blog? Ich habe schon lange nichts mehr gebloggt, aber ich würde gerne wissen, wer es liest und ob ich es überhaupt alles auf Deutsch übersetzen muss? Da es aber zeitaufwendig ist, würde ich gerne wissen, ob es Leser gibt, die nur den deutschen Teil verstehen. Wenn ja, schreib mir hier ein Kommentar und dann werde ich weiterhin versuchen alles zweisprachig hier zu halten.

Ich hoffe, du verzeihst mir, wenn ich es heute nur ganz kurz halte, da es schon spät ist und ich morgen früh raus muss.

Fünf Gründe, warum ich glücklich bin:

1. Ich wurde "befördert" auf der Arbeit. Eine Kollegin hat im Dezember gekündigt und seit dem habe ich mehr Verantwortung und Aufgaben. Ich bin froh darüber und mir gefällt mein Job, da ich jeden Tag kreativ sein darf!

2. Letztes Wochenende war ich zum ersten mal in Louisiana, genauer gesagt in Baton Rouge. Ich habe dort mit Katie gearbeitet. Es ist immer wieder spannend mit ihr zu arbeiten und neues zu erkunden!

3. Josh und ich haben diese Woche mit Boxen angefangen. Es ist nur Fitnesstraining, also nicht im Ring gegen einander, sondern mit Boxsäcken. Aber es macht wirklich Spaß!

4. Zum Valentinstag habe ich eine Orchidee geschenkt bekommen von Josh (siehe Foto). :)

5. Wir waren im Januar in Orlando um unsere Geburtstage zu feiern und wir hatten ein tolles Wochenende dort!

So, jetzt geht's ab ins Bett. 

Gute Nacht und ich freu mich wirklich über ein Kommentar von DIR!



1 comment:

  1. Hallo
    Ich lese alles.
    Bitte übersetzte auch alles - so kann ich sicher gehen das du "deutsch" nicht vergisst. ;-) Kuss Romy

    ReplyDelete