Sunday, April 15, 2012

Welcome - Herzlich Willkommen!

Welcome here on my blog!

Soon I'm moving to Florida to finally live with my husband!
Currently, I live in Germany - in Tübingen, a lovely small town in southern Germany. 

My husband is American. We met eight years ago when I was living in Jacksonville during my year as an Au Pair. 
We got married last year and submitted a petition for my visa - so I can live and work in the US. (Yes, even if you are married to an American, it isn't that easy!) 


Last week I finally received the email I have been waiting for from the National Visa Center. My Visa-interview had been scheduled at the embassy in Frankfurt for May 4th. That means I should get my Visa by the middle of May and I'll be finally able to move to the States into our new apartment! I'm so excited! This is the best news and I can't wait. We had to wait for this for almost one year! Yes, it will be over 11 month on the day of my interview! But it will be worth it. 

I can't wait for the adventure to begin and you can be part of it here on my blog!
Let's see what happens and where life will take me!

Some of my blogpost will be in German (or I'll translate it in the same post) since half of my future readers don't speak English. 


Und jetzt auf Deutsch:

Willkommen auf meinem Blog!


Bald ziehe ich zu meinem Mann nach Florida, USA!
Zur Zeit wohne ich noch in der schönen Stadt Tübingen.

Mein Ehemann ist Amerikaner, den ich vor acht Jahren in Jacksonville, Florida kennengelernt habe, während ich dort als Au Pair gearbeitet habe.
Letztes Jahr haben wir geheiratet (im Mai standesamtlich in Florida, dann im Oktober kirchlich in Deutschland). Danach haben wir die Petition für mein Visum eingereicht. (Ja, auch wenn man mit einem US-Amerikaner verheiratet ist, braucht man ein Visum um dort zu leben und zu arbeiten.)

Letzte Woche habe ich dann endlich eine email vom National Visa Center erhalten, dass ich einen Termin für mein Visa-Interview an der amerikanischen Botschaft in Frankfurt habe. Das Interview findet am 4. Mai statt. Das bedeutet, dass ich noch im Mai endlich nach Florida ziehen kann! Ich freu mich ja schon so! Das lässt sich so gar nicht richtig in Worten ausdrücken! 

Ich kann es kaum  noch abwarten, dass dieses Abenteuer endlich beginnt und ihr könnt mich hier begleiten! 
Warten wir mal ab, was noch so alles auf mich zukommt!

Liebe Grüße
Judith

2 comments: