Saturday, May 5, 2012

Visa approved - Visum genehmigt

Yesterday my visa got approved! FINALLY!!!

This are the best news. I am so happy! The whole processes started almost a year ago. Around May 25th last year we send the petition to the USCIS. I should get the visa by the 14th, maybe a bit earlier... I'm so excited! I can't hold back all the exclamation marks, sorry!!! :-)

So, let's start over in case you want to know how my interview went:
I took a train to Frankfurt on Saturday. There I met my friend Isamae and we had dinner together at this wonderful Asian restaurant, Coa in Frankfurt. If you get a chance, you should go. I had an amazing coconut-pumkin soup with shrimp and Thai curry with shrimp and fish. I was able to stick to my diet the whole time I was in Frankfurt, believe it or not!


Later we went home to Isamae's place. (Thank you again for letting me stay @Isamae, Glenn and Janice.) 

If you're missing my pictures, I couldn't bring my camera because on my move I forgot it in Tübingen, but no worries, I will get it back next week.

Anyway, I was pretty nervous and didn't sleep so well because of it. I woke up 20 minutes before my alarm at six am, got ready and left the house at seven am. I got to the embassy in time and got my ticket with number W607 at 7:57 am. There are no cell phones, cameras or any other kind of electronic allowed inside the embassy and I even had to "test"-drink my water out of my water bottle when I went through security - but better safe than sorry! 

Inside, I waited for about 30 minutes until my number was called for the first time. I brought a book but in the beginning I was so excited and nervous that I couldn't read. On top of that, every time a number was called there was a "bing"-sound and the number showed up on a board, so I had to look up to see if it was my number. Anyway, it didn't even seem that long. At the first window the lady just made sure I had all the required documents and papers there. It took only about three minutes because I had sent everything in already. Then I had to wait some more. After another 45 - 60 minutes I got called to the next window, where we went through the important documents to make sure all the information is correct. Then I sat back down to wait for my actual interview.

45 minutes later the officer called me to his window for the interview. I had been watching the people before me and most of them spend about 25 to 40 minutes with him. After I swore that all my information in the petition is correct, he just asked me a few questions (how I met Josh, when we got married, where I plan to work in the US, if I ever had any trouble with the police, ... pretty standard questions). I was done in about 10 minutes. The officer said my visa is APPROVED and I should get it within the next 10 days! Whoo hoo!

I couldn't even call Josh to share the good news because my cell was at Isamae's place. But I smiled on the whole way there!

Now we can book a flight and I have to really start packing!

Mein Visum wurde gestern genehmigt! ENDLICH!

Das sind wirklich die besten Neuigkeiten seit langem! Der ganze Prozess ging jetzt fast ein Jahr. Letztes Jahr Ende Mai haben wir alle Unterlagen für die Petition abgeschickt und spätestens am 14. Mail sollte ich mein Visum bekommen! Ich freu mich ja so! In diesem Post werdet ihr viele Ausrufezeichen finden!!! :-)

Also, noch mal von Anfang: Am Donnerstag bin ich mit dem Zug nach Frankfurt und dort habe ich mich mit Isamae, einer Freundin, zum Abendessen getroffen. Wir waren in einem asiatischen Restaurant, Coa - falls du in Frankfurt bist, schau dort vorbei, es lohnt sich! Ich habe eine super-leckere Kokos-Kürbissuppe mit Shrimps und ein Thai Curry mit Fisch und Shrimps gegessen. Lecker! Danach sind wir zu Isamae nach Hause. Danke noch mal Isamae, Glenn und Janice, dass ich bei euch übernachten durfte!

Falls ihr jetzt meine Fotos vermisst, ich habe meine Kamera beim Umzug in Tübingen vergessen und man darf ja auch keine elektronischen Sachen mit in die Botschaft nehmen. Dieser Post muss also erstmal ohne Fotos auskommen.

Geschlafen habe ich zwar nicht so besonders gut, das lag aber an meiner Aufregung, denn das Bett war sehr gemütlich. Ich bin nur ständig aufgewacht, weil ich Angst hatte, den Wecker zu verpassen. Ich war dann auch um 5:40 Uhr wach, 20 Minuten vor dem Wecker. Um 7 Uhr bin ich dann aus dem Haus und ich habe mich auf den Weg zur Botschaft gemacht. 

Ich habe um 7:57 Uhr meinen Zettel mit der Nummer W607 bekommen. Drinnen musste ich erstmal warten bis ich zum ersten Fenster gerufen wurde. Dort wurde nur kontrolliert, ob ich auch alles dabei hatte. Dann durfte ich wieder warten. Beim zweiten Fenster wurden dann die wichtigen Unterlagen genau überprüft und mir wurde erklärt, wie das Interview abläuft, bzw. wie das mit meiner Greencard ist u.s.w.

Nach etwas über zwei Stunden hat mich dann der amerikanische Officer zu meinem Interview gerufen. Nachdem ich geschworen habe, alle Unterlagen wahrheitsgemäß ausgefüllt zu haben, hat er mir nur noch ein paar Standardfragen gestellt (wie ich Josh kennengelernt habe, wann wir geheiratet haben, was ich vor habe in den USA, ob ich jemals Probleme mit der Polizei oder bei der Einreise hatte). Dann war das Interview auch schon nach höchstens zehn Minuten vorbei und er hat mir gesagt, dass das Visum genehmigt ist und ich es in spätestens 10 Tagen erhalten werde!!!! Juhu!

Leider konnte ich Josh nicht sofort anrufen, um ihm die freudige Nachricht mitzuteilen, da mein Handy ja auch bei Isamae war. Ich habe gegrinst wie ein Honigkuchenpferd auf dem Weg zu ihr!

Jetzt kann ich meinen Flug endlich buchen und muss alles packen!!! 

Dann fang ich auch besser gleich mal damit an!

Bis bald,
Judith

3 comments:

  1. Juhu!!!! :)
    Glückwunsch!
    Liebe Grüße,
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danke :-)
    Ich freu mich auch riesig!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god... The food at Coa sounds AMAZING.

    Also, YAY! :)

    ReplyDelete