Thursday, August 16, 2012

Recipe: Broccoli Salad with Chickpeas, Spinach and Bacon - Rezept: Brokkolisalat mit Kichererbsen, Spinat und Speck

Yesterday I felt like something light for dinner. Plus, I didn't really feel like cooking for hours... I checked the fridge and found some broccoli, spinach and bacon. I knew I had some chickpeas in the pantry as well, and I just love the taste of chickpeas!

So, I thought, I'll just make a salad :-)




Ingredients:


  • 1 broccoli head
  • 1 can chickpeas
  • 2 - 3 cups of spinach
  • 4-5 bacon strips fried crispy


For the dressing:


  • juice of half a lemon
  • 3 - 4 tbsp of greek yogurt 
  • olive oil (not really sure how much I used because it was an experiment)
  • mustard
  • salt
  • pepper
  • thyme




I fried the bacon. While it was on the stove, I cut up the broccoli, drained the chickpeas, and mixed it all with the spinach. 
Then I mixed the dressing to taste. Once the bacon was crispy, I crumbled it up and added it to the salad. At the end I added the dressing, mixed it all up and put some bacon I had put aside on top.

Easy enough and I really liked the combination!
It took maybe about 15 min to prepare, if that...

The picture is a little blurry because I took it with my cell phone camera and it's not the best...




Brokkolisalat mit Kichererbsen, Speck und Spinat

Gestern wollte ich nicht stundenlang (eherlich gesagt bin ich nie stundenlang in der Küche, außer beim Plätzchen backen!) in der Küche stehen, und ich hatte Lust auf etwas Leichtes, also gab es ein Salat!

Im Kühlschrank habe ich Brokkoli, Speck und Spinat gefunden und ich hab mir gedacht, dass Kichererbsen da sicherlich gut dazu schmecken!

Zutaten:

  • 1 Brokkoli-Kopf
  • 1 Dose Kichererbsen
  • 2-3 cups frischen Spinat
  • 4 - 5 Speckstreifen
Für das Dressing:

  • Saft einer halben Zitrone
  • 3-4 Esslöffel Joghurt (fettarm)
  • Senf
  • Olivenöl
  • Pfeffer
  • Salz
  • Thymian
Speck knusprig anbraten. Währenddessen den Brokkoli klein schneiden, die Kichererbsen abtropfen lassen und den Spinat waschen; alles in eine große Salatschüssel geben.
Das Dressing mixen. Da kann ich leider keine so genaue angaben machen, da ich da selber etwas rumexperimentiert habe.
Zum Schluss den knusprig gebratenen Schmeck zerkrümeln und über den Salat geben, mit dem Dressing übergießen und alles vermischen.

Lecker, einfach und gesund! 
Ich würde sagen, ich hab nicht länger wie 15 Minuten gebraucht.

Das Foto ist leider etwas verschwommen, da ich es mit meiner Handykamera gemacht habe.


No comments:

Post a Comment