Friday, October 19, 2012

Five Reasons To Be Happy This Friday - Fünf Gründe, Diesen Freitag Glücklich Zu Sein

First of all, sorry for not writing last week. I was out of town for work, again, and didn't even have time to open my laptop for a minute.

Let's start with my happy reasons though and I'll tell you about my new job in reason #2.


Reason #1 I won $150 gift card for a Pinterest contest. Pretty cool, huh? It was through the company that manages the apartment complex that we live in. You had to pick one  of the themes and create a board with a minimum of five pins and one of them had to be a picture of oneself holding a sign saying 'I love Gables', that's the company. 


Here's the board I created:


If you click at the picture it takes you the the full board, in case your interested. 
I was pretty excited when I got the email that I won. Next week I have to go to the office to take a picture with it and then I'll actually get it. 
I entered a bit last minute though... I knew about it all September but first started on another theme, but forgot about it again. Then a day before you had to submit it, I remembered and finished it up 10 minutes before the deadline... that's so me... If you know me, you know I like to procrastinate... Not the best of habits, but it worked for this occasion. I'm not sure yet, on how I will spend the money... shopping maybe?

Reason #2 I got a new job. It's not a full time job either, but I get to go to all kinds of events. My friend Katie is my new boss. I love it. (I still work at the gym too though and love that job.)
We work for a promotion company and the last events we worked, we give a away a vacation and just want people to sign up for the giveaway. Sounds easy, right? Well, it is hard work. We leave the hotel early in the morning and don't come back until late. Some days we worked 12 -14 hours, standing or walking all day. We have to talk to all kinds of people. But it is fun. I went to South Caroline for Bike Week up there by Myrtle Beach. It was my first time in South Caroline. And I wouldn't mind going back. It was really pretty. But we didn't have to much time to enjoy the scenery... Last week we first went to Panama City Beach for another Bike Week for two days, and for the weekend we went to Atlanta for an event. That was quite a lot of traveling. 







Reason #3 I finally got my hair done today! Confession time: I haven't been to a hair salon seven month! SEVEN month! Can you believe it. I don't think I've ever went that long without getting a cut or color. Well, I finally went and feel great. The cut is not exactly as I wanted it, but it's not too short, so I let it be... And the color is perfect. But judge for yourself... what do you think?



Ok, this might not be the best picture, but that's the best for right now...  I actually didn't like how she styled my hair either, but at least she didn't ruin it, and I was pretty scared - that's why I waited so long to go anywhere to get it cut or colored...


So, anyway, in the picture I'm also wearing my new jeans shirt that I bought on my last shopping trip :-) Which brings me to Reason #4 I just love shopping... last time I really found a few good deals! This shirt, two pair of shorts (one for only $4), a few other shirts.

Shopping is always fun when you find good deals!

And last but not least, Reason #5 I got to skype with my friend Dani yesterday, and with my family yesterday and today! And I talked to Simone on the phone yesterday as well. I miss my friends! But I'm glad that there is skype and I can "see" and here most of you at least from time to time. If you ever see me online (which should be quite a lot) just call me! I don't always have time for hour long skype sessions, but most of the time I have at least a few minutes!

Have a great weekend, be happy and smile!
Judith

Fünf Gründe, Diesen Freitag Glücklich Zu Sein

Letzten Freitag hatte ich leider keine Zeit hier zu schreiben, weil ich unterwegs war... erst in Panama City Beach und dann in Atlanta. Aber dazu mehr in Grund #2.

Es gibt natürlich auch diese Woche viele Gründe glücklich zu sein und hier sind fünf davon:

Grund #1 Ich habe ein Wettbewerb gewonnen und bekomme ein 150$ Gutschein. Wie cool ist das denn?!?! Es war ein Wettbewerb für die Firma die unsere Apartments leiten, für alle Bewohner bei allen Aparmtents die sie in den USA haben. Und ich habe gewonnen! Es war ein Pinterest-Wettbewerb, bei dem man eine Pinnwand kreieren sollte zum Thema "Mein zu Hause, meine Gemeinde, mein Leben" und ich war wohl die Beste :-) Ich weiß aber noch nicht, was ich mit dem Geld machen werde, mal schauen...

Grund #2 Ich habe einen neuen Job. Es ist auch ein Nebenjob und Katie, meine Freundin, ist meine neue Chefin. (Ich arbeite auch immer noch bei dem Fitnessstudio.)
Wir arbeiten für eine Promotionsagentur und reisen zu verschiedenen Events. Bei einer Verlosung wird eine Reise verschenkt und wir sind dafür zuständig, dass sich die Leute korrekt anmelden und auch davon mitbekommen :-) d.h. ich rede täglich mit hunderten von Leuten! Es macht Spaß, ist aber etwas anstrengender, wie es sich anhört...  An manchen Tagen haben wir 12 - 14 Stunden gearbeitet... und man ist die ganze Zeit am rumlaufen oder stehen.

Wir waren schon in South Caroline, in Panama City Beach, Fl und in Atlanta, Georgia! Hier ist ein Foto von dem letzten Tag in Atlanta:

Grund #3 Ich war endlich beim Frisör! Das ist jetzt etwas peinlich, aber ich war tatsächlich ganze sieben Monate nicht mehr beim Frisör! SIEBEN Monate... das ist wirklich eine Ewigkeit in Haarzeiten... Aber ich muss sagen, ich hab mich hier einfach nicht wirklich getraut. Erstens ist es hier ziemlich teuer, und zweitens war ich die letzten beiden Male enttäuscht... Aber vorgestern habe ich ein Groupon-Gutschein im Internet entdeckt und ich hab gedacht, ich probier's jetzt einfach mal... Den Schnitt hat die Frisörin nicht so hinbekommen wie ich wollte, aber die Strähnchen sind richtig gut geworden. Eigentlich wollte ich es etwas kürzer, aber besser zu lang als zu kurz...

Grund #4 Ich war wieder mal einkaufen und hab einige gute Schnäppchen gefunden! Das pinke Oberteil aus dem Foto zum Beispiel, und auch das Jeanshemd aus dem anderen Foto! :-) Einkaufen macht glücklich, vor allem, wenn man ein paar günstige Schnäppchen findet!

Grund #5 Ich konnte diese Woche wieder mal mit einer Freundin aus Deutschland skypen, Dani! Und mit Simone auf Hawaii habe ich auch ewig telefoniert :-) Und ich habe meine Nichten heute endlich mal wieder, wenn auch viel zu kurz über skype gesehen und auch meine Schwestern, Eltern und Oma! Es war auf jeden Fall eine erfolgreiche skype-Woche! Wenn du mich online siehst, ruf einfach an! Ich würde mich freuen. Ich habe nicht immer ewig Zeit, aber ich freu mich über jedes Hallo!

Ich wünsche euch allen ein schönes Wochenende, sei glücklich und smile! :-)
Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment